[vc_row section_mode=”fluid” bgmode=”customimagebg” image=”845″ bgposition=”center center” bgattachment=”fixed” padding=”large-padding” sectionoverlayopacity=”0.70″ video_opacity_overlay=”0.70″][vc_column][az_column_text]
Freelance contract, telecommuted
[/az_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row padding=”small-padding” sectionoverlayopacity=”0.70″ video_opacity_overlay=”0.70″][vc_column][az_column_text]
Job Description and Person Specification
[/az_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][az_column_text]Alef Trust CiC is a not-for-profit company that aims to increase educational opportunities and applied practice in the fields of consciousness, spirituality and transpersonal psychology. Both educational and applied wings of the Alef Trust’s business have grown in recent years, and the company is now poised for expansion with exciting project developments in addition to the continued growth of its core postgraduate educational work (accredited by Liverpool John Moores University).
Alongside online Masters (MSc) programme and PhD supervision, Alef Trust delivers a number of open learning courses and an award-winning Arts-on-Prescription service called Creative Alternatives. The Business model for Alef Trust is predominantly online; the Higher Education and open learning courses are offered to a global community of students through an online platform. The teaching faculty is also international, bringing together the expertise of lecturers and practitioners from around the world. Creative Alternatives operates both online and locally in Merseyside, UK, where the company has its headquarters, and it is funded by Public Health.
The Alef Trust has a truly global footprint and a highly loyal and engaged student and alumni community. Alef Trust students are based in some 40 countries, come from all walks of life, and use their studies in professional settings such as counselling and therapy, coaching, policing, and business to name but a few.[/az_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][az_column_text]The Alef Trust is now looking for a Marketing Lead to join the team to help the organisation evolve and implement its branding and marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will be passionate about marketing as a way of relationship and community building. We are looking for someone who understands our transpersonal ethos and brings an abundance of ideas for helping us tell our stories and build efficient strategies for sharing our work – with a view to reaching new people and cultivating interest in our products and services in ways that strengthen our reputation and facilitate our growth. We anticipate that this role will develop and evolve as the organisation continues to grow. We are looking for someone with a creative flair who is excited by the vision of the organisation and who wants to develop their remit as we expand.
The role is home-based and freelance, and it would suit someone who is self-motivated, highly organised and able to work independently. Communication with colleagues will take place through online platforms such as Zoom, Skype or Big Blue Button. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate knowledge and mastery of technology and related equipment in their home office to carry out the role.[/az_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][az_column_text]
[/az_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][az_column_text]The Marketing Lead will be expected to:
- Conceive and develop creative, intuitive and proven marketing strategies
- Organise and oversee advertising/communication campaigns (Google Ads, social media, etc), and promotional events (many of which will be delivered online)
- Conduct market research and analysis to evaluate trends, brand awareness and competition ventures
- Write copy for diverse marketing distributions (website, newsletter, social media)
- Help us tell our story through supporting the design of promotional literature and audio-visual output (e.g. videos for website & social media)
- Monitor progress of campaigns using various metrics and submit reports of performance
[/az_column_text][az_column_text]Essential knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Alignment with the ethos of Alef Trust
- Proven experience as marketing manager or similar role
- Good understanding of market research techniques & data analysis
- Creative ‘story-telling’ experience through digital media
- Thorough knowledge of strategic planning principles and marketing practices
- Proficient in MS Office, publishing, and marketing software
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong independent worker with time-management abilities
- Experience of working in an online business environment
- A ‘can do’ creative attitude, passion and visionary motivation to collaborate in the field of transformative education.
Desirable knowledge, experience and skills:
- Creative design experience
- Experience of working in the education / culture / not-for-profit sectors
- Experience of working in an online business environment
Remuneration & Work Arrangements
We require someone who can work flexible hours throughout the year, accommodating peak times and able to meet deadlines. This is offered as a freelance contract, so you will be responsible for your own tax and National Insurance (or equivalent if non-UK resident). You will be in charge of your working hours and your tasks will be self-directed, notwithstanding the need to meet deadlines and within the scope of the role.
Percentage of time: 0.4 (2 days per week, flexible hours)
Length of contract: 1 year in the first instance with potential extension
Fee: 12,000 Pound Sterling per annum[/az_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][az_column_text]
How To Apply
The Alef Trust is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities. Please apply via email and include:
- Your CV
- Your portfolio of your marketing work (links to relevant online materials most welcome)
- Your letter of application (no more than two pages), sharing with us why you wish to apply for the post and what you would bring to the company
- Also please create a short video (up to 2 minutes long), in which you tell us about yourself and give us a glimpse into your creative approach. We want to see and hear you and get a sense for the creative vision you bring. Please upload this to a video platform and send us the link in your letter.
Nick Theo, Programme Manager: email@example.com
The closing date for the return of completed applications is 19th October 2020.
Interviews will be held via Zoom towards the end of October 2020.[/az_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row]