Consciousness, Spirituality & Transpersonal Psychology
Quality assured (accredited) by Middlesex University
MSc in Consciousness, Spirituality & Transpersonal Psychology
Our online distance-learning MSc in ‘Professional Development (Consciousness, Spirituality & Transpersonal Psychology)’ provides an intellectually-stimulating programme of study which focuses on diverse topics around the nature of consciousness, the dynamics between psyche and soma, the psychology of self and higher states of being, and the psychological basis of spiritual and mystical practices. Our MSc programme is distinctive in valuing experiential approaches to learning and in encouraging students to incorporate insights from the programme into their own life journeys. In addition to a rigorous academic curriculum, modules exploring integral life practice, transpersonal approaches to research, and a research dissertation focus on the practical application of learning. The MSc programme consists of 180 course credits and can be completed in 2 or 3 years. The programme is run entirely online, although students are invited to attend an annual (optional) residential programme which takes place in the UK.
The MSc programme is a collaborative venture of the Alef Trust, the Scientific and Medical Network and Professional Development International (PDF). The latter develops, delivers and assesses programmes in ‘professional development’ which are awarded by and quality assured by Middlesex University, UK. Our MSc is run in conjunction with PDF and the qualification is awarded by Middlesex University.
Pictured: Programme Director Prof. Les Lancaster, Ph.D.
- The nature of consciousness and its relation to the brain
- Possibilities of consciousness beyond the brain
- The psychology of self and higher states of being
- The psychology of transformation
- Contemporary spirituality
- The psychology of shamanistic practices
- Transpersonal approaches to business management
- Creativity as vehicle for wellbeing and transformation
- The psychological basis of spiritual and mystical practices
- The dialogue between science and mysticism
Please choose a time-line:
The MSc programme consists of 180 course credits, including a dissertation project, and it can be completed in 2 or 3 years. Please click to explore the pathways below: