MSc Course Module
Health, disease and wellness are ingrained into our model of existence. We are physical beings, but we are also spiritual beings, and interconnected beings. No aspect of medicine or health is only the one or the other. Integrating different aspects of our existence into applied models of health and disease is what this course is about.
This course covers theories and models, but more importantly focuses on applications for healthcare providers, coaches, therapists, counsellors, spiritual guides, or any of the range of practitioners who work with or are interested in the mind-body-spirit paradigm, and what this means in practice. With an emphasis on personal engagement and experiential learning, and through case scenarios, discussions, activities and reading, the course journeys through integrative health from a transpersonal perspective.
Topics explored include:
- Models and perspectives on mind-body-spirit integration
- Psychosomatic medicine from a transpersonal perspective, including approaches to the so-called “psychosomatic disorders”
- The dynamics between the psyche, the somatic, and medicine, including an introduction to psychoneuroimmunology, psychopharmacology and the placebo/nocebo effect
- Applications of transpersonal coaching to health, disease and wellness, including an integrated wellness directed lifestyle, breaking bad habits and addictions and cultivating resourceful habits, integrated management of chronic disease and impairments, and management of pain and physical discomfort
- Exploring purpose, meaning and integration of physical pain, physical symptoms and signs, suffering and dying
- The relationship between modern medical psychiatry, psychology, and the transpersonal
In this course you’ll get an opportunity to: