Quality assured (accredited) by Middlesex University
Transformative online learning ready when you are…
Alef Trust offers a broad-based Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) programme in Consciousness & Spirituality OR Transpersonal Psychology starting in September each year, as well as specialised PG Cert programmes in Lucid Dream Studies and Transpersonal Coaching, which begin in March each year.
All of our PG Cert Programmes consist of 60 credits and can be completed in a single year of study.
PG Certificate Programme Questions
How will a PG Certificate assist me?
Completion of a Postgraduate Certificate programme provides documentation of formal study to supplement a college or university degree; increased skills and knowledge in your job or professional field which may contribute to advancement or new career opportunities. PG Certificate programmes not only provide an opportunity to examine a new field, but they also provide an opportunity for postgraduate-level focused study in areas directly related to your personal or professional goals.
I have a bachelor’s degree and am employed. Would a PG Certificate programme benefit me?
Yes, PG Certificate programmes offer concentrated study in areas directly applicable to many career paths and can add breadth and depth to your existing knowledge and skills. By applying these new skills at your workplace, or in your profession, you may also discover new opportunities for career advancement.
What does online study involve?
A tutor who is eminent in the field of transpersonal psychology teaches each topic, utilising a variety of online learning, collaboration and social-media technologies. You will have access:
- To past and leading-edge academic literature, journal articles and research from a broad range of areas in transpersonal psychology and consciousness studies
- Pre-recorded audio/visual presentations and lectures
- Experiential sessions exploring creative and spiritual practices and their application in your personal and professional life
- Live webinars in which the tutor engages with all students in real time
- Skype and/or Google Hangouts for individual student/tutor discussions
- Forums and social-media in which tutors engage with students through written posts
- Email exchanges with tutors and community support where appropriate
- Live online community events
- Independent study of related topics
- Group studies and projects with fellow students
- Personal practices in creative expression, academic topics, professional and self-development
- Submission of formal assignments, papers, projects and research
Will I have contact with other students?
Absolutely. All students regardless of programme, become an integral part of our online learning community. You will have access to all of our community and learning sites where you can interact, mingle and exchange ideas with students and tutors, both within your own programme of study and where possible, students and tutors from other courses and programmes. The Alef Trust also has a presence on many major social media platforms including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn where you can engage with fellow students, tutors, alumni and others from the global transpersonal community. You also have the option to attend our Residential Programme & Retreat which happens once a year and is open to our entire learning community, giving you the opportunity to connect and engage with fellow students and some of our tutors in person.
What happens after I am accepted into the programme?
- You will receive a Student Handbook that clarifies all details of the online facilities and student communities available in the programme.
- You will receive login details for the Collaborative Learning Environment, other relevant websites together with Student Guides providing full instructions on their use.
- All students are also expected to complete and sign, a Learning Agreement which specifies the areas you wish to study, anticipated duration of study as well as all relevant programme fees.
- You will be invited to an online orientation week with fellow students and the course team.
- Before each course begins you will be provided with a Course Outline which will list the reading materials, recorded lectures, other resources, time-lines, assignments and any group projects or community activities required as part of the course.
If you have questions about our Postgraduate Certificate Programmes, simply complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you. We offer a unique learning experience and will be here to guide you through every step of your learning.