Consciousness & Spirituality OR Transpersonal Psychology
Quality assured by Middlesex University
An accreditation directly applicable to many career paths…
For students who do not intend to go on to further academic studies or carry out research, we offer an online Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) pathway which excludes the research methods module and the research dissertation. The PG Dip pathway is completed over two years with a 120 credit requirement.
PG Diploma Programme Summary
Students will (mostly) follow the same study pathway as the full MSc Programme, but with one major difference: Diploma students are not required to study research methods or undertake a major research project and thesis.
Step 1 – Work-based Project
Students undertake a module focusing on a ‘Work-based Project’ (this can be smaller in scale (20 credits) or larger (40 credits)). – The Work-based Project can be interpreted broadly to include projects in the area of consciousness studies, personal development and/or transpersonal psychology as appropriate for each individual.
Students then partake in the following two core modules to complete the 120 credits required for the PG Diploma.
Step 2 – Core topics
Step 3 – Each year students choose 2 specialist options to accompany the core topics, 4 options are explored in total:
Step 4 – To achieve the 120 credits and gain the postgraduate diploma students can also choose the following modules:
PG Diploma Programme Questions
How will a PG Diploma assist me?
Completion of a Postgraduate Diploma programme provides documentation of formal study to supplement a college or university degree; increased skills and knowledge in your job or professional field which may contribute to advancement or new career opportunities. Diploma programmes not only provide an opportunity to examine a new field, but they also provide an opportunity for postgraduate-level focused study in areas directly related to your personal or professional goals without having to write a thesis.
I have a bachelor’s degree and am employed. Would a PD Diploma programme benefit me?
Yes, PG Diploma programmes offer concentrated study in areas directly applicable to many career paths and can add breadth and depth to your existing knowledge and skills. By applying these new skills at your workplace, or in your profession, you may also discover new opportunities for career advancement.
What does online study involve?
A tutor who is eminent in the field of transpersonal psychology teaches each topic, utilising a variety of online learning, collaboration and social-media technologies. You will have access to:
- To past and leading-edge academic literature, journal articles and research from a broad range of areas in transpersonal psychology and consciousness studies
- Pre-recorded audio/visual presentations and lectures
- Experiential sessions, exploring creative and spiritual practices and their application in personal and professional contexts
- Live webinars in which the tutor engages with all students in real time
- Skype and/or Google Hangouts for individual student/tutor discussions
- Forums and social-media in which tutors engage with students through written posts
- Email exchanges with tutors and community support where appropriate
- Independent study of related topics
- Group studies and projects with fellow students
- Live community events
- Personal practices in creative expression, academic topics, professional and self-development
- Submission of formal assignments, papers, projects and research
Will I have contact with other students?
Absolutely. All students regardless of programme, become an integral part of our online learning community. You will have access to all of our community and learning sites where you can interact, mingle and exchange ideas with students and tutors, both within your own programme of study and where possible, students and tutors from other courses and programmes. The Alef Trust also has a presence on many major social media platforms including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn where you can engage with fellow students, tutors, alumni and others from the global transpersonal community. You also have the option to attend our Residential Programme & Retreat which happens once a year and is open to our entire learning community, giving you the opportunity to connect and engage with fellow students and some of our tutors in person.
What happens after I am accepted into the programme?
- You will receive a Student Handbook that clarifies all details of the online facilities and student communities available in the programme.
- You will receive login details for the Collaborative Learning Environment, other relevant websites together with Student Guides providing full instructions on their use.
- All students are also expected to complete and sign, a Learning Agreement which specifies the areas you wish to study, anticipated duration of study as well as all relevant programme fees.
- You will be invited to an online orientation week with fellow students and the course team.
- Before each course begins you will be provided with a Course Outline which will list the reading materials, recorded lectures, other resources, time-lines, assignments and any group projects or community activities required as part of the course.
Length of study: 2 years.
Before each course begins you will be provided with a Course Outline which will list the reading materials, time-lines, and any activities required as part of the diploma.
Administration fee: £100.00*
Tuition fee: £7,200.00 (120 Credits x £60)
* Administration fee is refunded against tuition fees for successful/enrolled applicants.
Start date: September 2018
The PD Diploma runs for 2 years and starts in September each year.
Enrol for September 2018!
If you would like to enrol on our Diploma course then simply complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you. We offer a unique learning experience and will be here to guide you through every step of your learning.