Quality assured (accredited) by Middlesex University
A collaborative environment ready when you are…
Some people may find it challenging to commit to multiple years of postgraduate study while also being employed and juggling a family and life! In order to accommodate the busy schedules of many professionals, we offer online Postgraduate Certificate Programmes (PG Cert) requiring 60 credits which can be completed in a single year of study.
Choose your path of study
Our most popular study path includes 1 core topic and 2 specialist options. Then students select from other available modules to achieve the required 60 credits.
Step 1 – Core topics:
Step 2 – Choose 2 specialist options:
Step 3 – To achieve 60 credits and gain the postgraduate certificate you can choose from the following modules:
PG Certificate Programme Questions
How will a PG Certificate assist me?
Completion of a Postgraduate Certificate programme provides documentation of formal study to supplement a college or university degree; increased skills and knowledge in your job or professional field which may contribute to advancement or new career opportunities. PG Certificate programmes not only provide an opportunity to examine a new field, but they also provide an opportunity for postgraduate-level focused study in areas directly related to your personal or professional goals.
I have a bachelor’s degree and am employed. Would a PG Certificate programme benefit me?
Yes, PG Certificate programmes offer concentrated study in areas directly applicable to many career paths and can add breadth and depth to your existing knowledge and skills. By applying these new skills at your workplace, or in your profession, you may also discover new opportunities for career advancement.
What does online study involve?
A tutor who is eminent in the field of transpersonal psychology teaches each topic, utilising a variety of online learning, collaboration and social-media technologies. You will have access:
- To past and leading-edge academic literature, journal articles and research from a broad range of areas in transpersonal psychology and consciousness studies
- Pre-recorded audio/visual presentations and lectures
- Experiential sessions exploring creative and spiritual practices and their application in your personal and professional life
- Live webinars in which the tutor engages with all students in real time
- Skype and/or Google Hangouts for individual student/tutor discussions
- Forums and social-media in which tutors engage with students through written posts
- Email exchanges with tutors and community support where appropriate
- Live online community events
- Independent study of related topics
- Group studies and projects with fellow students
- Personal practices in creative expression, academic topics, professional and self-development
- Submission of formal assignments, papers, projects and research
Will I have contact with other students?
Absolutely. All students regardless of programme, become an integral part of our online learning community. You will have access to all of our community and learning sites where you can interact, mingle and exchange ideas with students and tutors, both within your own programme of study and where possible, students and tutors from other courses and programmes. The Alef Trust also has a presence on many major social media platforms including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn where you can engage with fellow students, tutors, alumni and others from the global transpersonal community. You also have the option to attend our Residential Programme & Retreat which happens once a year and is open to our entire learning community, giving you the opportunity to connect and engage with fellow students and some of our tutors in person.
What happens after I am accepted into the programme?
- You will receive a Student Handbook that clarifies all details of the online facilities and student communities available in the programme.
- You will receive login details for the Collaborative Learning Environment, other relevant websites together with Student Guides providing full instructions on their use.
- All students are also expected to complete and sign, a Learning Agreement which specifies the areas you wish to study, anticipated duration of study as well as all relevant programme fees.
- You will be invited to an online orientation week with fellow students and the course team.
- Before each course begins you will be provided with a Course Outline which will list the reading materials, recorded lectures, other resources, time-lines, assignments and any group projects or community activities required as part of the course.
Length of study: 1 year.
Before each course begins you will be provided with a Course Outline which will list the reading materials, time-lines, and any activities required as part of the PG Certificate.
Start date: September 2017
The PG Certificate runs for 1 year and starts in September each year. We are now enrolling for September 2017!
Enrol for September 2017!
If you would like to enrol on our Post Graduate Certificate course then simply complete the form below and a member of our team will contact you. We offer a unique learning experience and will be here to guide you through every step of your learning.