Alef Trust Participation at the Association for Transpersonal Psychology (ATP) 50th Anniversary Conference
Alef Trust directors, faculty, staff, and students attended the Association for Transpersonal Psychology (ATP) 50th Anniversary Conference which was held at Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove, California, April 12-14, 2019.
The theme of the conference was “The Future of Transpersonal Psychology: Acknowledging the Past, Honoring the Present, and Envisioning the Future.” Keynote speakers included: Roger Walsh, Jorge Ferrer, James Fadiman, Rick Doblin, Marilyn Schlitz, Harris Friedman, and Mariana Caplan. Lecture and workshop presenters came from Russia, Spain, France, Australia, Brazil, Catalonia, Latvia, Serbia, Scotland, Greece, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Canada, India, Mexico, New Zealand, Chile, and the USA.
- Professor Les Lancaster (United Kingdom), Founding Director of the Alef Trust and Academic Dean for the MSc programme, on the panel discussion on The Contribution of Neuroscience to Transpersonal Psychology.
- Jessica Bockler, PhD (United Kingdom), Founding Director of the Alef Trust and MSc Programme Leader, and Professor Lancaster on the panel discussion on Re-Enchanting the Academy: The Future of Transpersonal Education Dr Jessica Bockler Presenting[/caption]
- Harris Friedman, PhD (United States), who supervises PhD dissertations for Alef Trust at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK, on the panel discussion Peeling Back the Onion: A Fractal Epistemology for Transpersonal Psychology
- Dr Friedman also presented the keynote speech: Transpersonal Research: Opportunities and Challenges
- Dr Bockler also presented a lecture: Delivering Transpersonal Education Online: A glimpse behind the scenes of Alef Trust
- Steven Schmitz, PhD (United States), Alef Trust tutor for the course Shamanistic Psychology, led the workshop: Experiencing the Shaman’s Journey
- Tamara Russell, PhD (United Kingdom), Alef Trust tutor for the course Meditation & Mindfulness led the workshop: Transformation in every Transition: Micro Moments of Mindfulness to Facilitate Change
- Lorraine Clewer (Mexico), Alef Trust student presented a lecture: Psychospiritual Healing and Transformation Through Service
The Association for Transpersonal Psychology has made significant contributions to psychology, psychotherapy, psychiatry, sociology, anthropology, the arts, business, health care, leadership, and other applications. This conference acknowledged its origins, original motivations, and history. Discussions included its current state, reviewed its criticisms, and explored new directions and possibilities.
The Association for Transpersonal Psychology (ATP) is a membership supported international coordinating organisation for scientific, social, and clinical transpersonal work that serves the world community. For more information about the organisation, resources and membership, please visit: https://atpweb.org/
Nicholas Theo, Programme Manager for Alef Trust, is a strategic and operations manager home based in Virginia (USA), with 30 years of work experience in non-profit management, business development as well as higher education and adult training through distance learning. He has previously worked for Atlantic University, Regis University and Management Concepts.
He has a BA (Hons) in Management from American Military University and is currently working on completing his graduate degree.
Nick is also actively involved in voluntary work for regional business and non-profit organizations. Nick has made a study of dream work, Western mysticism/spirituality, its history and practices.